Re: No sound on iBook G4

* Antonis Christofides <antonis@wikical.com> [2013-02-11 18:54 +0200]:

> On 2013-02-11 17:33, someone wrote:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#Why_do_I_have_no_sound.3F
>
> Thanks! This did the trick. I removed snd-powermac from /etc/modules and
> removed the blacklisted snd-aoa* modules and rebooted. It loaded the
> snd-aoa modules and it's working.
>
> Should I file a bug or add this information to bug #650588? How can I
> find the exact version of my iBook G4? All I know is it's one of the
> latest ones.

We don't have any aoa-* modules blacklistet. Neuther in
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base-blacklist.conf nor in
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf. How is the file named where you
found the blacklisted modules?
Which version of alѕa-base package do you have installed?

Elimar
--
  The path to source is always uphill!
                                -unknown-