Re: New architecture ppc64el on Debian

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 08:28:43AM -0700, Gary Driggs wrote:
> It's somewhat ironic that they're the last big fab & server vendor
> left making PPC gear. Even Freescale seems focused on ARM these
> days...

No, freescale is very much focused on powerpc, they are just doing some
arm as well since that is where a lot of the market has gone.  They are
certainly still doing powerpc designs, including some 64bit ones now
for embedded use (I really wish they hadn't made those stupid e500 core
chips though.  Those were a mistake).

--
Len Sorensen