Re: Old World Mac mounting troubles

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 01:41:22PM -0700, Brian wrote:
> If you have a old style plain hfs partition around  that is good
> because without hfs plus utils package may not be able to write
> to hfs plus

The hfsplus driver in a modern kernel can write to an HFS+ file system
as long as it isn't journalled. Anything that the classic Mac OS can
handle should be fine with the Linux driver.

In a current kernel, I would trust the hfsplus driver just as much as
the hfs driver as long as you aren't talking about something created
and used by a recent version of OSX. Most of the code is copied and
pasted between the two drivers these days anyway.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com