Re: Pegasos II issues (mv643xx_eth, 3D)

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Per this message in Xorg.0.log:
>
>  [dri] Make sure your module is loaded prior to starting X, [...]
>
> Make sure the radeon kernel module is loaded before X starts, or just
> try starting X again, and it should work.
>
> For console, enable vgacon or vesafb or whatever is the appropriate
> generic driver, and/or load the radeon kernel module as early as
> possible, e.g. from the initrd.

Thanks, by following your advice, I managed to get Radeon 3D and
compositing working on my Pegasos II. Very cool! Just for the record,
neither the vgacon or vesafb seemed to work, but the radeon early init
is "good enough" for now.

And actually, by figuring out how to load kernel modules early in
initramfs, I also managed to solve my other earlier question about

Again, many thanks!

Regards,
--
Karoly Balogh