mv643xx_eth on Pegasos II - solved?

Hi,

I have managed to get the Marvell 643xx ethernet interface of my
Pegasos II working with recent kernels. I got the info from this letter
from 2010:

http://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2010/09/21/92

It says, the nonworking Marvell ethernet on the Pegasos is caused by the
Marvell-specific libphy driver, which is now the default, but it doesn't
work on the Pegasos II, for some reason. So I simply made an

/etc/modprobe.d/marvell_pegasos.conf

file, with the single line which says:

blacklist marvell

to blacklist the marvell libphy driver, Then ran
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/mkvmlinuz

Rebooted, and the mv643xx_eth started to work! I'm posting this mail
through that interface... :) Just posted this, so it might be useful for
others. Additionally, this is also something the Installer should know
about?

Regards,
--
Karoly Balogh