Fwd: Sound and BCM4318 wireless no longer working in Wheezy on late 2005 G5

This may have some relevance to bug#713943

Begin forwarded message from Debian PowerPC list:

From: Chris Wareham <chris@chriswareham.net>
Date: August 5, 2013 12:27:06 PM PDT
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Sound and BCM4318 wireless no longer working in Wheezy on late 2005 G5

Michel Dänzer said on 05/08/13 10:15:
On Son, 2013-08-04 at 22:20 +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:

I've been tracking Debian Wheezy on my late 2005 dual G5 Powermac the
middle of last year. Everything has worked fine (Bluetooth / BCM4318
wireless combo card, sound, etc) until around the time of the 7.1
release. The first thing that went wrong was the fans switching to full
power, which has already been noted on this list.

For the fans, make sure the i2c_powermac module is loaded. Not sure
about your other problems though.

Hi Michel,

The i2c_powermac module wasn't loaded - now that it is, the problem with the fans running at full blast is solved. As for the other issues, I notice in the dmesg output there's a message saying that the snd-powermac module shouldn't be loaded. Removing it doesn't change things though.

Regards,

Chris