Re: Pegasos II issues (mv643xx_eth, 3D)

On Don, 2013-07-11 at 17:03 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Don, 2013-07-11 at 12:41 +0200, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> >
> > - hardware 3D was previously working on this box, but not any more. Even
> > if I have Direct rendering: Yes in glxinfo, it still says MESA Software
> > Renderer in use. XOrg.0.log says r200 doesn't provide the necessary
> > exports, so AIGLX is disabled. Yes, I have installed package
> > firmware-linux (also non-free).
>
> Please provide the Xorg.0.log and the output of dmesg.

Actually, I remembered what the problem is most likely: 3D acceleration
in wheezy only works with KMS anymore, but the powerpc kernels still
disable KMS by default. You can enable it with radeon.modeset=1 on the
kernel command line. You may also need video=radeonfb:off to prevent
radeonfb from initializing before radeon KMS.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com