Re: Re: Generic solution for overflowing GOT table

Hi,

you wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 01:00:38AM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
>> Just as a small follow-up: In the above case, -fpic instead of -fPIC
>> fixes the issue. Is this acceptable in Debian for shared libs?
>
> This reduces the size of the file and therefor works around the too
> large offsets. However it is not acceptable.

Thanks for your note. In the pursuit for the right solution for powerpc
here, can you please tell me, or point me to some ressource about, why?
Maybe there is some other general strategy?

For reference, I also described the issue with some more detail about
this issue here:

Thanks in advance,

Roland