Re: powerpcspe in Debian

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de> wrote:
> Will see what I can do. Will be on VAC for the next 2 weeks. Will
> probably continue Debian duties, but won't have access to a powerpcspe
> during this time.
>
> Will get back when I have packages ready.
>
> Can you please try to not further automatically decrease the number of
> available powerpcspe packages during this time? :-)

I think you misunderstand what causes packages to become "unavailable".

The official Debian ports are making forward progress and uploading
new packages, but nobody is building powerpcspe packages to match.  As
the old versions of the "architecture all" packages are aged out of
the regular Debian repository, anything in the powerpcspe port that
depends on that version of that package becomes uninstallable.

I won't lie, it's a _ton_ of work to get it up to date when it's been
idle for a while, and a lot of manual package building.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett