Re: powerpcspe in Debian

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 06:44:24PM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 05:50:09PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
> > Yes, I'm interested.
> >
> > Do I need to setup a buildd? Or is there a buildd running that is
> > supposed to build the current ~50 packages in "Needs-Build"? What would
> > be the next steps?
>
> sbuild/buildd would be a good start. I could look for my old RFS if you want.
> I used the DM layer with snapshots as a setup with around 10 or 20GiB space.
> Anyway. The packages listed in Needs-Build are hardly interresting.
> You need to look at BD-Uninstallable. Look at the list [0]. Most packages are
> stuck due to debhelper. Look what is wrong, my guess is that you can't install
> python.
> For  manuall fixing you need a minimal build environment and I used always
> schroot for that.

If you have any sbuild/schroot questions, please do give me a shout
if you get stuck.

While schroot does support LVM snapshots, you might also want to
look at using Btrfs snapshots (faster and more reliable, IME), or
an overlay filesystem like aufs.  schroot supports both of these
for snapshots as well.

Example configuration for Btrfs:

[sid-amd64-sbuild]
aliases=unstable-amd64-sbuild
type=btrfs-snapshot
description=Debian sid/amd64 autobuilder
btrfs-source-subvolume=/srv/chroots-btrfs/sid
btrfs-snapshot-directory=/srv/chroots-btrfs/snapshot
groups=root,sbuild
root-groups=root,sbuild
source-groups=root,sbuild
source-root-groups=root,sbuild
profile=sbuild
command-prefix=eatmydata

/srv/chroots-btrfs is a Btrfs filesystem, with /srv/chroots-btrfs/sid
being a Btrfs subvolume containing the build environment.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh