Re: powerpcspe in Debian

On 30/10/12 21:20, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 06:44:24PM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 05:50:09PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
>>> Yes, I'm interested.
>>>
>>> Do I need to setup a buildd? Or is there a buildd running that is
>>> supposed to build the current ~50 packages in "Needs-Build"? What would
>>> be the next steps?
>>
>> sbuild/buildd would be a good start. I could look for my old RFS if you want.
>> I used the DM layer with snapshots as a setup with around 10 or 20GiB space.
>> Anyway. The packages listed in Needs-Build are hardly interresting.
>> You need to look at BD-Uninstallable. Look at the list [0]. Most packages are
>> stuck due to debhelper. Look what is wrong, my guess is that you can't install
>> python.
>> For  manuall fixing you need a minimal build environment and I used always
>> schroot for that.
>
> If you have any sbuild/schroot questions, please do give me a shout
> if you get stuck.
>
> While schroot does support LVM snapshots, you might also want to
> look at using Btrfs snapshots (faster and more reliable, IME), or
> an overlay filesystem like aufs.  schroot supports both of these
> for snapshots as well.
>
> Example configuration for Btrfs:
>
> [sid-amd64-sbuild]
> aliases=unstable-amd64-sbuild
> type=btrfs-snapshot
> description=Debian sid/amd64 autobuilder
> btrfs-source-subvolume=/srv/chroots-btrfs/sid
> btrfs-snapshot-directory=/srv/chroots-btrfs/snapshot
> groups=root,sbuild
> root-groups=root,sbuild
> source-groups=root,sbuild
> source-root-groups=root,sbuild
> profile=sbuild
> command-prefix=eatmydata
>
> /srv/chroots-btrfs is a Btrfs filesystem, with /srv/chroots-btrfs/sid
> being a Btrfs subvolume containing the build environment.

Good - thanks for your help!

Will see what I can do. Will be on VAC for the next 2 weeks. Will
probably continue Debian duties, but won't have access to a powerpcspe
during this time.

Will get back when I have packages ready.

Can you please try to not further automatically decrease the number of
available powerpcspe packages during this time? :-)

Thanks in advance,

Roland