Re: powerpcspe in Debian

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 05:50:09PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
> Yes, I'm interested.
>
> Do I need to setup a buildd? Or is there a buildd running that is
> supposed to build the current ~50 packages in "Needs-Build"? What would
> be the next steps?

sbuild/buildd would be a good start. I could look for my old RFS if you want.
I used the DM layer with snapshots as a setup with around 10 or 20GiB space.
Anyway. The packages listed in Needs-Build are hardly interresting.
You need to look at BD-Uninstallable. Look at the list [0]. Most packages are
stuck due to debhelper. Look what is wrong, my guess is that you can't install
python.
For  manuall fixing you need a minimal build environment and I used always
schroot for that.
Sometimes all you need to do is to to install deps by force
(snapshots.debian.org may have old _all.deb files for you), sometimes it may
include altering the packages. Once you have to change a package manually
create a source package from it and add a +powerpcspe1 suffix to it. Make sure
this can be built by sbuild as-it. If it is a temproary change note it in the
changelog. If you need this change in upcomming releases submit it to the BTS
and please tag them [1]. Because this is not an official ARCH the severity is
wishlist.

Once you fixed a few packages, let me look at them and then let me look how we
can hook you up to a wanna-build network so your buildd can on its own.

[0] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/powerpcspe-all.txt
[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=powerpcspe;users=debian-powerpcspe@breakpoint.cc

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Roland