RE: PowerPC Debian install on IBM 43P boot problems...

Hey guys,

  Thanks for the feedback.  I’ve done all the tests for proper SCSI termination in all possible ways, even keeping a single disk, and CDROM, and I’m still getting the error below.

  Worst still. I’ve disconnected the entire SCSI chain cable.  And yet, when booting my Woody 3.0 debian from my floppy containing the boot, the error still shows.

  I would be tempted to think the controller has a physical error, but it does not explain why it was all working under AIX, and I was able to partition/initialize all disks perfectly.

  It really seems like the boot which gets something corrupt in the drivers.   Doing the diagnostics using the SMS disk reports a perfectly functioning hardware…  I’m puzzed.  I’ve also swapped CDROM drive, cables, etc.

   Any hint I could try?  I’d like to try an install from CDROM but I can’t manage to find how to actually boot from a CD, only from floppy.

   Many Thanks

   Bruno