Black screen after netinstall

Hello,

I need a little help here.  I did a netinstall of Squeeze to my IMac G3 which has 650Mb of ram. I selected to bottom option from the menu ( install separate partitions ) and also the GUI at install.  Booting results in a black screen.   Typing <rescue> at the boot: prompt doesn't work, neither does <video=ofonly>. I can access my HD by using a live CD and I had hoped to make changes to solve the problem but unfortunately  I cannot.

There is no [X11] folder off of [ etc ] although I do have a [ gdm3 ] folder. I have [ ofboot.b yaboot yaboot.conf ] on sda2 and on sda3 /etc I have yaboot.conf

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,  Ian..