Re: PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) sound

2011/3/11, Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@sharedcup.com>:
> Risto:
>
> I got today's netinstall build working on my PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio)
> using install video=ofonly.  Kudos to whoever fixed bug #615985 which had
> stopped the installation last week with a debootstrap error.  Sorry to
> report, sound still doesn't work on this machine.

Can you check that snd-aoa is blacklisted (/etc/modprobe.d/...)?

> But, I installed the same system on my PM G4 Quicksilver and the sound now
> works just fine.  I thought both machines had the same sound cards.

Yes, they do. The problem must be that snd-aoa still gets loaded.
Probably all the relevant snd-aoa-... modules need to be blacklisted.

> This
> build doesn't recognize Guicksilver's GeForce2 MX graphics card, however, so
> the display is broken.

Odd... the machines should have same graphics cards, as well.

> Isn't this just like playing Whac-A-Mole?

:) Yeah, and many people enjoy playing games...

Risto