Re: PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) sound

Risto:

I got today's netinstall build working on my PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) using install video=ofonly.  Kudos to whoever fixed bug #615985 which had stopped the installation last week with a debootstrap error.  Sorry to report, sound still doesn't work on this machine.

But, I installed the same system on my PM G4 Quicksilver and the sound now works just fine.  I thought both machines had the same sound cards.  This build doesn't recognize Guicksilver's GeForce2 MX graphics card, however, so the display is broken.

Isn't this just like playing Whac-A-Mole?

Tom