Re: newest linux-image-3.0.0-1 doesn't recognize HD

That's Weird.

I had been under the impression that the IDE interfaces are now logically presented as SCSI devices, so that
'Hard Drive A' becomes 'Scsi Device A'

On 10/10/11 06:49 AM, James Tappin wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:57:51 -0400
Milan Kupcevic<milan@physics.harvard.edu>  wrote:

MK>  When you get the shell try to type
MK>
MK>  modprobe pata_macio
MK>
MK>  then see if you have new stuff in /dev/
MK>
MK>  At least one ATA controller should work with this module. If you are
MK>  lucky and your HD is connected to this controller then press ctrl+D
MK>  and it will boot fine. Then do this:
MK>
MK>    echo pata_macio>>  /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
MK>    update-initramfs -u
MK>
MK>  Otherwise you will have to figure out which ATA controller you have
MK>  in your machine and then determine which driver module will run it.

That worked on my G3 iBook, but I also needed to change /dev/hda? ->
/dev/sda? in /etc/fstab to get /home to mount. Rather curiously, the
root partition did mount as /dev/hda3, even though there was no hda3 in
/dev (must be something at a lower level).