Re: Question about compatibility...

if you get the 15", make sure it has the full RAM in case you want it someday. I have one with the common defect of the bad 2nd slot.

mine is 1.5 ghz early '05, its running LXDE stable well enough, faster than OSX leopard. My main gripe besides the RAM issue is the hard drive replacement is difficult.

I have preferred installing from the netinstall cd as it is a much smaller download. Might not be so bad nowadays with KDE stuff moved to the second CD, or using the special LXDE cd.

Another note on this powerbook -- you need install firmware package before the built-in wifi works. And you should also install the firmware for the Radeon as well to get acceleration.

Brian