Re: SuperDrive Door?

Yeah, for some reason it doesn't work quite right by default, I don't
know why. However, with your desktop environment's keyboard-shortcut
manager, you can simply reassign the eject button to run eject -T
which will give you the proper functionality. It won't display the
little notification popup, but it shouldn't be too hard to notice
whether the drive door is open or closed ;)