SuperDrive Door?

	Okeh, i got Squeeze running on my PowerMac G5.  My next stumbling block is optical discs.  Specifically, when i go to install some package that is on the original DVD [say, 'build-essential'] Synaptic tells me to insert the disc.  I press the button on my keyboard to open the drive door, a widget appears on the screen presumably informing me that door is to be opened, but nothing else happens.  I guess for now i will have to boot into OSX to change discs...

Sent from my MacBookPro

As I pondered, weak and weary, on the latest conspiracy theory...