Newbee

	Since Apple doesn't support OS 10.5 anymore, i've gone and put Debian 6.0.2.1 on my old G4 PowerBook.  I confess i was initially disappointed when the install CD gave me Squeeze without a GUI.  Things went better after i started over with a net install disc, but i do wish that the limitations of what's on the CD vs. the DVD were more clearly explained on the download page.

	Anyway, on to my main point.  I find it hard to get anything done right now, as the overly sensitive trackpad keeps noticing the heel of my palm and inserting 'clicks' when i don't mean to click.  Programs start and stop unbidden.  I believe the included 'powerpcutils' package should be able to handle this, but i've so far been unable to get "/sbin/trackpad notap" to work.  I put it into the Startup programs, and it got deleted?  How can i get the desired result every time i log in?

Sent from my MacBookPro

"I got the first three wrong" he said, forthrightly.