Re: Installation report [failed] [Was: Re: "No kernel modules were found" PowerPC Businesscard and Netinst daily CDs]

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:18:29AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> After booting the CD, there were a lot of messages that scrolled by
> too fast to get details, but all of them seemed to have something to
> do with missing some UTF8 localization stuff.

This is the cause of everything else.  I *think* I've fixed it in
localechooser 2.38 (actually, just by the fact of reuploading it, but I
also added a check so that it should fail to build rather than building
a broken version).  We should find out in a day or two.

For d-i developers without powerpc systems, this may be useful (you'll
need qemu-system and openbios-ppc installed):

  qemu-system-ppc -monitor stdio -cpu G4 -M mac99 -bios /usr/share/openbios/openbios-ppc -cdrom debian-testing-powerpc-businesscard.iso -boot order=d