How can solve circular dependencies with dpkg?

Hi at all
Can you tell me how can I solve circular dependencies with dpkg?
This is the problem, I think: in effect I was trying to install Lenny on my son's wii, on a 8GB SD card, thanks to the work of the gc-linux project. BASH is ok, but, for my son, GUI are better! And then, when I try to install X server packages, I found that - dkpg tell me - xserver-xorg-core depends on xserver-xorg and xserver-org depends on xserver-org-core. I've decided to use dpkg because I'm working offline, with packages downloaded on a USB stick.
Thanks
enrico maggiani