Re: Powerbook G3 wheezy upgrade udevd error #02

What happened to  Squeeze ?  =  the current *stable* version.
version of udev in Squeeze is 1.64 :
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/udev

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM, C-IT <outbound@c-it.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Risto,

Many thanks for your help.

# dpkg -l udev

dpkg not found on install CD environment, whoever:

# /sbin/udevd --version

shows udev = 171 for both CD & hd chroot

which is what's so baffling as latest Wheezy install cd boots OK, even chroot into hd installed system. But booting directly into hd system causes

'udevd [42]: unable to receive ctrl connection: Function not implemented'

error.

# apt-get install udev=170-1

Doesn't work. udev 170-1 was previous install & worked OK, however it's no longer available in the apt repositories. Also I autocleaned apt archives upon what I thought was a successful update, so downgrade option to udev 170-1 looks off the list. Only options appear tobe a downgrade to Lenny or re-install.

Up until this problem Lenny & then Wheezy run OK on my Lombard. Used to have the occasional keyboard or touchpad freeze up on LXDE for about 10-15 seconds. However I normally run in console mode, ie gdm autostart disabled.

hald is installed but not sure if I have udisks-daemon running.

Trust this helps.
Kind regards,

Robert.