Re: kernel stops recognizing uuid labels after update

On Sam, 2011-05-21 at 09:17 -0300, Gunther Furtado wrote:

> I am running sid on an old G3 (333MHz) which is my last
> working powerpc machine. After the following update (aptitude
> --with-recommends safe-upgrade) the install scripts (binutils?)
> rebuild /boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-2-powerpc and when I reboot the
> machine and It didn't recognize my uuid labeled partitions anymore.
>
> I am back running 2.6.38-1, but I don't know what think a bugreport
> should be sent. But I don't know against what package.

My money would be on udev 169-1. An initrd generated with that installed
breaks the radeon kernel module here. Try downgrading udev (and probably
at least libudev0 and libudev-dev as well) to 168-2 and run

sudo update-initramfs -u -k 2.6.38-2-powerpc

to verify if you're suffering from a udev 169-1 regression as well.