Re: sound problem ibook g4

As I already told, it works on my iBook with Squeeze (and Ubuntu,
too). I assume yours is a PowerBook6,5, too?

Looks like snd-aoa is not even trying to support this machine, snd-powermac is.

And Ubuntu 10.04 uses the same version of kernel, 2.6.32. But it is
running pulseaudio on top on snd-powermac.

Is it possible that the problem is caused by some old volume control
data? Is it a fresh install?

Have you tried to adjust the controls in alsamixer? Take off
everything else, and add just some Master volume and PCM.

Risto