AW: Build of powerpcspe port

>>> sid main".  Even following your hint adding "deb
>>> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main" installation
>>> of gcc fails as follows:
>> [..]
>>
>> Please post your contents of /etc/apt/sources.list and
>> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.  I have the following lines in sources.list:
>>
>> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports sid main
>> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
>>
>> and make sure you type 'apt-get update'.  does it help?
>>

>>> Installation of gcc from "deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports/
>>> unreleased main" has been working at about december 2010 i think.
>>> Could you please help me to overcome above problems to setup a native
>>> gcc?
>>
>> Maybe the mirror was during an update that moved files from 'unreleased'
>> to sid (or vice versa) during your installation attempt?  Just wildly
>> guessing.
>>
>> Does it work currently?
>
>No the problem is ppl. Lets start from the beginning. gcc-4.3 should not
>be used and I'm going to remove it soon. gcc-4.4 is no longer in
>unreleased but in unstable. The current gcc-4.4 package is not built yet
>and the old one is missing the _all.deb files. If you get them from
>snapshots everything is fine. gcc-4.5 has more or less the same problem.
>Using old snapshot for gcc-4.4 4.4.5-13
>   http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20110301T101121Z/
>should fix the issue for now.
Yes, it does:

    # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20110301T101121Z    sid         main
    deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20110301T101121Z    unreleased  main
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get install gcc gcc-4.4
    # dpkg -l gcc*
    ||/ Name                                    Version                                 Description
    +++-=======================================-=======================================-==============================================================================================
    ii  gcc                                     4:4.4.4-2+powerpcspe1                   The GNU C compiler
    ii  gcc-4.4                                 4.4.5-13                                The GNU C compiler
    ii  gcc-4.4-base                            4.4.5-13                                The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
    un  gcc-4.4-doc                             <none>                                  (no description available)
    un  gcc-4.4-locales                         <none>                                  (no description available)
    ii  gcc-4.5-base                            4.5.2-4                                 The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
    un  gcc-doc                                 <none>                                  (no description available)
    un  gcc-multilib                            <none>                                  (no description available)

So i'll continue with a local mirror of http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20110301T101121Z.

Rüdiger