Re: PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) sound

Hi,

I think I've finally found the reason for snd-powermac not being
loaded on many newer PowerMacs, PowerBooks, iMacs, iBooks etc. See my
comment in this bug report:

I assume that the normal case would be that snd-aoa is loaded first by
udev, and then snd-powermac would fail to load.

(The lock-up in question might result from snd-powermac and snd-aoa
being loaded simultaneously. Only a theory.)

PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) is a special case, as it is not really
supported by snd-aoa. So, snd-aoa should be blacklisted for this
machine.

Risto