Re: Anybody know how to netboot Debian on a PowerMac?

On 2/11/2011 5:58 PM, Patrick Boutet wrote:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Rick Thomas<rbthomas@pobox.com>  wrote:

On Feb 11, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Benjamin Cama wrote:

  Hi Rick,

Le dimanche 06 février 2011 à 23:44 -0500, Rick Thomas a écrit :

I'd like to setup a PowerMac to run diskless.

[…]

Questions:

I think almost all your questions are answered in a message by me to
Patrick Boutet one month ago :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2011/01/msg00013.html

Regards,
benjamin

Thanks benjamin,

That looks very promising.  I'll give it a try.

Rick

Hey Rick,

Sorry I wish I would have noticed this thread sooner, yeah we just ran
through something very similar and Bejamin was a huge help<tx again btw>.
Me and my partner on the project did a small writeup on our setup,
https://sites.google.com/site/bioxclusterproject/   click on installation
notes on the left link bar. This was our little private site for keeping
track of what were doing on the project but i made it viewable so you can
have a look if you need. I'll switch it back to private in a week or so, so
feel free to gleam what you can from it on netbooting. The whole thing is
still incomplete as its a for fun side project we work on when we have time.
Anyway I'll keep trying to watch this thread so don't hesitate to post if
something doesn't seem to work right.

Cheers,
Patrick

Thanks Patrick,

This also looks promising. I'll study it over the weekend. I'm grateful to you for making your project web page available. It looks like a really fun project. I'll ask around at the CS department where I work and see if I can help you find a replacement for Sun Grid Engine.

Enjoy!

Rick