Re: Taking over maintainance of yaboot ?

Hi,

First, let me say that I'm glad to ear from you ! I think that other
will agree too.

Le vendredi 17 septembre 2010 à 22:05 +0200, Aurélien GÉRÔME a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 02:01:52PM +0200, Benjamin Cama wrote:
> > Then, updating yaboot to the latest known active development branch
> > (http://yaboot.ozlabs.org/ ) would help a lot our port to stay alive, as
> > many have noted that Debian on PPC looks a bit dead from "outside".
>
> Indeed, I have been planning to do that for a very long time, but
> interrupting any Debian activity did not help in the matter.

OK, it happens, but we must admit it has been very painfull for every
PPC user not to have any active yaboot maintainer. Anyway, nobody
overtook the package in between, so…

> Hopefully, now I can manage some Debian time,

Do you plan on keeping maintaining yaboot for a rather "long" period, or
is it just for this bugfix ? (even if, in the long run, I think we
should be switching to grub2)

> so I will update,
> say this week, the package and any bits of d-i necessary for it
> to work.

Very nice. Do you need help on that ?

> Here, I am mainly thinking about RAID, LVM, and crypto
> installations in yaboot-installer, as upstream did some changes in
> yaboot about them.

Doesn't it seem a bit too much to do for now ? I think that what
everybody wants for now is /just/ a working yaboot.

Thanks,
benjamin