driver for video card Rage M3 AGP

Hi,
I installed debian 5.06     on my Mac  ibook g3,  I had the same problem, the interface is only on a portion of the screen  (about 70% x  70%) of the size of  the screen.
The screen is configured for 800x600,  there is no another resolution, so I suppose I need another driver.
here is the lspci   output ;
       vga compatible controller : ATI technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02).

secondly, If i couldn't install linux on this mac, can I retrive or reinstall ??? the mac OS ??

thanks for any idea
best regards
bela