Re: Setup WOL (Wake On LAN) on PPC (MacMiniG4)

Hi,

On  17 Sep, this message from Mathieu Malaterre echoed through
cyberspace:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Cédric Boutillier
> <cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am not sure the Macs can be 'woken up' using WOL if they were
>> switched off (even from Mac OS). At least, this is my experience with
>> iBooks and iMacs. However, you can wake them on line if they are in a
>> suspend-to-ram state.
>>

> How can I test this ? I tried to suspend-to-ram using:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install uswsusp
> $ sudo s2ram

PPC Mac Mini's can't sleep under Linux. I'm not sure it's a "simple"
lack of implementation (there was a very brief discussion about the
subject lately) or some quirk that should be used but which we don't
know.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |