Re: O: mol

	Hi!

* Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> [2010-08-08 15:47:18 CEST]:
> Gaudenz Steinlin hat am Fri 06. Aug, 22:01 (-0400) geschrieben:
> > Formally mol is team maintained by the MOL Packaging Team, but beside
> > very few one time contributions no one other than me ever did any
> > packaging work since the team was created.
> >
> > If noone steps up to take over the maintenance of MOL in the next week,
> > I will send removal requests to ftpmaster for mol and the related
> > driver packages.
>
> A big problem is that MOL does require a patched kernel, i.e. the module
> can't be built without patching the kernel itself.

 Are you sure about that? I was able to build mol with module-assistent
back in the days, has that seriously changed?

> There was some work upstream to get MOL into the mainline kernel, but
> it seems to have died. Maybe Greg Kroah-Hartman would help, but I
> think the interest in MOL is near zero.

 I guess part of the missing interest in MOL is the lack of support for
OSX 10.5 - it only supports it up to 10.4. I only found out about this
after I did finish the upgrade process about two years ago, and since
didn't notice any progress on these grounds.

 Sorry to see it go nevertheless. Was fun.
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."