Re: Can't install acpi-support (no acpi-fakekey for PPC)

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Sujit K M <sjt.kar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some thing usefull that I found.
>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes

??  That's about keyboard mappings from, like 8 years ago.  I asked
about power management today.

I mean, yeah, it would be great if I could hit the Mac power button
and get a suspend/shutdown dialog, just like in OS X and like Gnome on
my Intel desktop PC.  But fundamentally what I asked was, "what is the
equivalent of /sbin/pm-suspend when running Debian on a PPC Mac?".

So, following up Michel Dänzer's suggestion:

> Try something like pbbuttonsd / pommed / pmud.

A-ha!  Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

So I installed pmud.  The daemon started and immediately logged this:

  Aug 12 20:16:31 kelpie pmud[1095]: pmud [treshold = 420, margin = 15] started
  Aug 12 20:16:31 kelpie pmud[1095]: PMU version 12: iBook/G3 Pismo/G4 Titanium
  Aug 12 20:16:31 kelpie pmud[1095]: No sleep support on this hardware, exiting!
  Aug 12 20:16:31 kelpie pmud[1095]: daemon stopped (missing sleep support)

Booo.  ;-(

Now I know the hardware supports sleep, since OS X can do it.  [dig
dig dig]  Ahh, I see that pmud has not been updated since 2001, and
its README only mentions PowerBook G3.

So: is there anyone out there running Debian on a G4 who can suspend
their machine?  If so, how?

Thanks --

Greg