Re: installing on PPC Mac Mini without any OS installed

I just tried the July 19 weekly build of testing and it won't detect
the GEM ethernet chipset or the SATA chipset. When I tried plugging in
a USB drive in to copy the syslog over, it could see the hfs+
partition and even report them in syslog but mounting fails even
though syslog shows the kernel properly sees all 4 partitions. Then I
ran mac-fdisk to change the partition from hfs+ to ext2, 3, or 4 but
none of those will format (missing /lib/libblkid.so). I can format it
with XFS or JFS but mount tells me there's no such device (/dev/sda3).
So there's no way I can send any files from this failed install... any
suggestions? A different install image perhaps? I don't know if it
makes a difference but I'm using the xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso.

-Gary