Re: Debian PowerPc installer initramfs-tools generates malformed yaboot.conf created when alternate partitions use UUID= in fstab

[Trying a repost, got blocked as spam ...]

Hi,

Le lundi 28 juin 2010 à 12:13 +0200, Michel Dänzer a écrit :
> On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 01:21 +0200, Benjamin Cama wrote:
> >
> > - there are currently no DD that care about powerpc problems (or we
> > could rather say that no people who care about PPC are DDs)
>
> That's an over-generalization, though admittedly I don't personally care
> too much about installer or yaboot issues.

I'm sorry, it was indeed a too broad statement. But I think you may be
the only one left ... (from memory, on the activity of this list in the
past monthes)

> > I wanted to help for a problem with the buildd but Frans Pop told us
> > that it needed a DD to be solved,
>
> What problem was that and what needs to be done?

Kind of an incomprehensible bug, as often around D-I ...

> > and I also have a patch for util-linux specific to PPC that is waiting
> > for monthes.
>
> As Rogerio asked, what patch and where did you submit it? BTW, when
> filing bug reports affecting the powerpc port I think it's a good idea
> to tell reportbug to send the report to the debian-powerpc list as well,
> so we can get an idea of what issues there are.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=568204 see previous
email to Rogério. I Cc'ed debian-ppc at the time, but I don't remember
any comment on it.

benjamin