Re: Debian PowerPc installer initramfs-tools generates malformed yaboot.conf created when alternate partitions use UUID= in fstab

On 10-06-30 08:39:06, Benjamin Cama wrote:

>  ... Furthermore, I think that most people here
> left are newworld users ...

Probably true, but FWIW I'm running Squeeze (from Lenny) on an old-
world Mac rev2 beige G3 desktop 416MiB 40GB, booting with BootX.  I'm
not sure if it /can/ boot with yaboot, but in any case I've avoided
Open Firmware and its bugs.  Upgrading kernels is a chore, though.

Note that Fedora has now made PPC a "Secondary Architecture", though I
don't know if there is actually anything happening with it.  I picked
Debian before that for my old Mac because Debian was said to work on
old-world Macs.  I expect that I'll be able to use Squeeze for several
years, even if it's the last release that works.

TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@georgeanelson.com>