finding wpa-driver

Hi,

I've successfully (and surprisingly painlessly) installed debian
(console only) on an old iBook G4.

The only persistent problem is having WPA wireless start up at boot time. I
understand that there is no longer a wpa_supplicant init item, and that
it is loaded via /etc/network/interfaces, but I haven't got the correct
configuration in place.

Part of the problem, I believe, is that I got confused about drivers,
and ended up installing several drivers for my wireless card. Now I
don't know which one I'm using, and don't know what to list for
"wpa-driver" in my /etc/network/interfaces. I had to get one called
b43-legacy (as per instructions here:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43) before it would work, but
I don't know the proper name of that driver; ie whatever "wpa-driver" is
expecting to see. Looking at the output of dmesg hasn't helped any.

Right now my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf looks like this:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=dialout

network…

And that works correctly if I manually call wpa_supplicant from the
command line, then run dhcpcd. My /etc/network/interfaces looks like
this:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0 inet dhcp
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
  wpa-driver bcm43xx # my best guess, but still wrong
  wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Any clues much appreciated!

Yours,
Eric