Re: PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) sound

Thank you, Rick,

The 'disagrees about version of symbol...'s are dmesg is probably not
a problem, as long as we don't need the midi stuff. The cause is my
package lacking the midi modules.

2010/12/19, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com>:
> With the blacklist reversed (see below for output of lsmod)
>
> With the external speakers plugged in, the grateful dead have left the
> theater (no sound).
>
> Running alsamixer showed:
>
> Card: SoundByLayout
> Chip: SoundByLayout
> Master: OO 80<>80
> Headphone: MM
> Headphone D: OO
> Headphone D: OO
> Speakers: MM
> Auto Mute: (not present)
> DRC: (not present)
> DRC Range: 50
> Monitor: 0<>0

Headphone is muted. If you unplug and plug again, is it still only the
Speakers control (and second Headphone D) changing? Can you unmute
Headphone manually (with M)?

I suspect that the first Headphone D corresponds to Auto Mute.

> With the external speakers unplugged, there is still no sound (nothing
> from the internal speaker)
>
> Alsamixer shows:
>
> Card: SoundByLayout
> Chip: SoundByLayout
> Master: OO 80<>80
> Headphone: MM
> Headphone D: OO
> Headphone D: MM
> Speakers: OO
> Auto Mute: (not present)
> DRC: (not present)
> DRC Range: 50
> Monitor: 0<>0

And the PCM control is active (try to increase it)?

Looks like my patch added some functionality, but not enough...

Risto