Squeeze installer missing cdc_ether

Hi,
 I'm new to debian and trying to install squeeze onto a powerbook G4. I've tried
the

official and unofficial installers and have the same problem with both. My cable

modem uses a USB connection, and while the USB device is recognized in the dmesg
output the

"cdc_ether" kernel module isn't present. I see the cdc_ether module is present
in the regular kernel, but not on the installer disk.

 How do I obtain such a module? Searching the package database I can't find
the "nic-usb-modules" udeb for powerpc. Would it work to copy cdc_ether.ko from
the regular kernel
image onto a USB stick and load it on the fly while the installer runs?

Thanks
-roger