Re: Squeeze

On 28/10/10 17:40, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Don, 2010-10-28 at 09:52 -0600, Thomas Carlson wrote:
I have been periodically installing the latest "test" version of
Squeeze on my PowerMac G4 (digital audio) hoping that when the
finalized version is released at the end of this year I can recommend
it as a good alternative to Mac OS X Tiger on older PowerPC machines.
I like how it has matured over the months and it's almost there.

Too bad, though, that Alsamixer is still broke "out of the box"
requiring a patch to run right, and that one has to rebuild Netatalk
in order to share files with OS X Snow Leopard. Most Mac users just
aren't going to do that and will continue to use Tiger which "just
works" until something better comes along.

Thanks to those who continue to work on these problems.
Any pointers to bug reports about these problems?

We use samba on G4 file servers which work fine with Mac OSX clients.

Regards

Clive

--
Clive Menzies&  Associates Limited