Re: video problem on powerbook g4 in squeeze

* Eric Abrahamsen [100712 22:25 -0700]:
> "brian m. carlson" <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:46:24AM -0700, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> >> video=radeonfb:off
> >>
> >> only problem is I don't actually know where to put that...
> >
> > You'll probably want to put that in the append option for yaboot.conf,
> > IIRC.
>
> I added that, but on reboot it still seems to be loading radeonfb: dmesg
> still gives "Invalid ROM contents" and "Invalid ROM signature" for
> radeonfb (and video is still streaky). Any other likely ways of
> disabling radeonfb?

As told here you need to put it to your append section of
yaboot.conf:

append="root=/dev/hda? video=radeonfb:off"

and run ybin -v afterwards.

To check which framebuffer you're using just read  the output of
cat /proc/fb

It should be either radeonfb or radeondrmfb ;-)

Elimar

--
  You cannot propel yourself forward by
  patting yourself on the back.