Re: fan management on G5

On 6/30/10, Mike Hore wrote:

> Hi Gary - I've got a G5 iMac (Rev A) - I'm running squeeze and usually
> get the latest updates every couple of weeks.  The fan control has
> always been fine, but with recent updates I've seen the same erratic
> behavior you describe.

Thanks for the quick reply. I, too, am running squeeze -- maybe I
forgot to mention that. I'm a regular updater as well. In fact, I was
just running an update before checking my email and found the
following unrelated issue with a Broadcom network adapter I'm using
(see below)... I'm worried that if I reboot now that my card won't
work but those files don't exist currently so I'm not sure what to
suggest. The files in /lib/firmware appear to be binary blobs but I
don't know for certain.

-Gary

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-trunk-powerpc64
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3_tso5.bin for module tg3
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3_tso.bin for module tg3
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3.bin for module tg3