Re: ibm java

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 01:08:07PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:

> I tried to use alien to convert it a debian package (sure, non-compliant
> and all that stuff) so that a start of a debian packaging could be made
> (yes, I am lazy and I don't know enough about java to care about
> properly maintaining it).

Try make-jpkg from java-package instead:

 This package provides the capability to create a Debian package from
 a Java(TM) 2 distribution by just running make-jpkg <filename>.
 .
 This program currently works with the following Java(TM) 2 Runtime
 Environments and Development Kits:
 .
  * Sun Microsystems(TM) 1.4, 5 and 6 Standard Edition
  * IBM(TM) 1.3, 1.4, 5 and 6 Standard Edition
  * Blackdown Java-Linux 1.3 and 1.4 Standard Edition

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.