Re: Partition and Boot loader for Squeeze on G4

Le 26/04/2010 13:10, Shawn H Corey a écrit :
Frédéric Massot wrote:
Hi,

4 years ago, I installed Debian with a software RAID 1 on a G4 for an
LDAP server. In the end, I did not use the G4 and it remained in a
closet. I would again make use of this G4 server with a software RAID
1 and LVM, I use the Squeeze installer.

- Is it always to be given at the beginning of the hard drives the two
partitions "Apple_partition_map" and "Apple_Bootstrap"?

The first partition of any drive must be the partition map so the
software can find it. The Apple_Bootstrap partition must be the second
partition in the map but, physically, it can be anywhere on the disk.

Thank you for your responses.

- Is that still uses Yaboot or Squeeze uses grub2 ?

PowerPCs always use yaboot.

Do you know why there is a package Grub2 PPC (aka grub-ieee1275), it is for what computer?

Regards.
|              FRÉDÉRIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |