Re: Booting from USB Drive

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> I have a PowerBook G4.  Is there any way to get it to boot from USB drive.
>
> IIUC it depends on your "PowerBook G4".  E.g. my PowerBook 12" G4 was
> not able to boot from USB last time I tried.  But admittedly, I only
> tried using the "boot menu" rather than via OF commands.

On all of Apple's PowerPCs, you have to go thru Open Firmware to boot
from USB.  As I understand it, some of the G3s run OF only via an
external terminal :-/

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.