Re: What is pbbuttonsd used for nowadays?

Le vendredi 30 janvier 2009 à 22:18 +0100, Børge Holen a écrit :
> Top posting. Gnome default? When did that happen? Never did a default,
> but how does gnome know I got backlit buttons on F9-11?

As far as I remember, selecting the unnamed "desktop environnement" in
the debian-installer installs Gnome. This is why I called it "default",
but you can of course not install any DE at all.

I admit I forgot the backlit keys, that is still lacking in any
"default" tool appart from the mac-specific ones (pbbuttonsd and the
like). To all who made this remark (especially Gerfried), this is of
course not acceptable not to fully support this hardware part, but I
didn't think of it because I never owned (or saw anyone using debian on
his PB) a backlit PowerBook.

This is just a bit ackward, I think, to have this kind of particularity
on the mac platform, and overlapping tools for the other jobs. But no
offense here, pbbuttonsd is still a good tool for what it does.

Regards,
Benjamin