Re: Using wireless on a PowerBook G4

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your help.  I got things working.

Using lspci I was able to see that in fact I needed a BroadCom driver. I used a wired connection to apt-get bcm43xx-fwcutter. (I'm using kernel 2.6.18-6-powerpc).

Then modprobe bcm43xx, then I checked iwconfig and finally `ifconfig eth2 up`. Basically after a while I was able to follow the directions on wiki.debian.org:

http://wiki.debian.org/bcm43xx

One last thing: I tried to apt-get a newer kernel version, and I successfully installed 2.6.24 (apt-get install linux-image-2.6.24- etchnhalf.l-powerpc linux-headers-2.6.24-etchnhalf.l-powerpc), but when I logged out and back in, uname -r told me that I was still running 2.6.18-6. How can I update to the kernel that should've been installed?

Thanks!