Re: Using wireless on a PowerBook G4

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:42:10 -0500
Christopher Jones <c_jones@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi all, just installed Etch on my PowerBook G4.  I can't activate the
> wireless.  My /etc/network/interfaces looks like
>
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> allow-hotplug wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
> wireless-essid (my network name)
>
> When I try to connect with wifi-radar, I just get errors ("Interface
> doesn't support scanning : No such device").  Any advice for a newbie?
>
> Chris Jones
> c_jones@mit.edu

Which version of the PowerBook is it? This would help identify which
wireless card is built in. Also, try running the following command.
This lists all the network interfaces installed/detected and paste the
output here.

$ lshw -class network

If you don't have lshw installed you can install it from aptitude (sudo
aptitude install lshw).

Amit