Re: RealPlayer audio streams

I wrote:

Hi Hans and Bin,

Last night I added the path to debian-multimedia in my /etc/apt/sources.list, then used Synaptic rather than apt-get but this should be equivalent. So now I've installed mplayer and also kplayer which looks interesting (I'm running KDE). I won't have time to try them out till later today but I'll let you know how I go.

I guess I'll find out if I need the codecs and follow Bin's advice to get them if it turns out I need them. Thanks for the help!

OK, it's good news. Everything's working! I can go to a web site with a RealPlayer stream, open it and specify kplayer as the helper app, and it plays. So it seems that any needed powerpc codecs must have been installed by the installation process from www.debian-multimedia-org.

Cheers,  Mike.

          Mike Hore        mike_hore@aapt.net.au